Re: lightweight applicatons and GUI

On 1/26/19 6:21 AM, ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> As usual, I'm still looking for interesting lightweight, portable
> applications.  I just ran across a lightweight, highly portable GUI.  It's
> called nuklear.  It runs using SDL or other options as a backend.  Found a
> list of some applications people are working on with it here:
> https://github.com/vurtun/nuklear/issues/202
> Maybe some of it might eventually be useful in ToriOS.
>
> Don't know how many of you have read K. Mandla's blogs on lightweight
> software and console applications ( https://kmandla.wordpress.com/ ).
> Missed seeing new posts when his blog writing stopped.  I've searched for
> other ongoing blogs that cover similar material, but haven't had much luck
> finding them.  If you know of any, please share.  I'm going to try to
> cover some of my findings with lightweight applications here:
> http://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org/  Recently did a post on lightweight games.
> If you have any other recommendations of lightweight software worth
> investigating or resources for discussing and/or sharing information on
> lightweight applications that work well on low resources systems, please
> let me know.  Thanks.
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura

Hey Laura,

I checked out K Mandla earlier (neat site, it will take me a while to go
through it all, but I immediately found some interesting things I will
have to look into).

I am working on quite a few FLTK apps currently, and I came across this
header only lexer library:

https://github.com/ArashPartow/lexertk

The home site

http://www.partow.net/programming/index.html

has a few other things you might find interesting.  All of it (from what
it seems) is MIT licensed so it is easy to add to other projects.

But you are pretty well versed in finding these things.

Technosaurus has a LOT of little programs, and is really into making
them, you can find more on the puppy forums

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/

Though, IIRC you already know all that :D