Re: Time Investment

On Mon, July 20, 2020 7:34 am, Paul Sutton wrote:
> In terms of chat systems,  is there no reason why we can't simply use
> IRC at a set time,  it means we can just type and not worry about
> getting things such as headphones, microphones and web cams all working.

IRC is good.  Have some problems with freenode needing SASL though.

> As an alternative perhaps we should be looking at free tools such as
> Jitsi.meet for example after.

I second the idea that we use free tools for meeting if possible.  Of the
non-FLOSS tools, Google Meet is nice because it has closed captioning
(good for hearing impaired).

> I does seem we need to figure out a new road map, work out our Base OS
> and see if we can come up with a few job / task descriptions and try and
> recruit more people on to the project.

That would be helpful.  If we could get some tasks up, people could start
working towards common goals.  Would also be useful if there's some
documentation on how best to share the results.  How do you share a cool
program you wrote or found or built?  How do you add your input to the
documentation?

By the way, I've been sitting in on some of the NatickFOSS users group's
meetings via Jitsi.  They're working on a nice beginners manual for Ubuntu
( http://runeman.org/intro20-04/ ).

Did we want to try to contact projects like AntiX or Puppy spins that use
Debian and see if they want to collaborate on anything?  Are we interested
in any of the distributions using musl instead of glibc?

Sincerely,
Laura