Re: Time Investment

In terms of hardware,  there are projects such as
https://www.freegeek.org/ which aim to use older hardware,  even my
Netbook is 64bit it has 2gb ram, the others I rescued from the same
batch all have 1gb ram.

There is https://hackclub.com/ which supports students with tinkering
and learning that way.

There is another project, which I can't remember the name of, that is
recycling old computers. But that seems to be a sort of kids club so
they learn how to fix up and install Linux.

I know about far too many projects and can never remember what they are
all called,  but this is really where the whole community does need to
work closer together, so they can cross promote each other in some way.

I think, if we are going to reach out to projects such as puppy Linux,
we should all reach out to these hardware and software projects and
figure out what the target architecture is.

Raspberry Pi is now 64bit with 8gb ram,  the processor can support up to
16,  so there may be a 16gb raspberry Pi at some point (not sure).

I can see it just getting harder to support i386 / 32 bit architecture
with anything going forward.

Ideally we can collaborate with other projects so that small developer
teams get more support and help from each other.

If there is a desire to use Cryptdrive then I can setup a team and start
adding some of the ideas presented here to that, so for example

Hardware ia64 arm
related projects e.g puppy
related libraries e.g those mentioned below

otherwise we will have 100s of e-mails each with little bits of info and
it will take hours to find what that oddly named library was called or
weather we agreed to contact x project or not, and the outcome of doing so.

I am not proposing we stop using e-mail this would be to help us keep
track of everything.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton