Re: Ubuntu SSO for WebEditor

On 9 March 2012 13:21, Janos Gyerik <info@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With David's blessing, I went ahead with the implementation. It's in my
> branch now, Jono will merge it but I have to leave now so here's a quick
> note before I do.

Nice work, Janos! It worked great for me, and I have merged it in.

One quick note: where possible I would like us to rely on software and
versions that are packaged for Precise (thus cutting out the pip
step). Fortunately, the packages that you required were packaged and
worked great when I tested it out.

I would like to target Precise as it is a LTS and will be better for
when we deploy this live.

The only thing I noticed and I am not sure if this is a but or not,
but at the top of the site is says "openiduser" instead of the user's
name. I am sure this can be fixed though.

> An added bonus (thanks to the django-openid-auth) project is that launchpad
> teams can be mapped to django groups. That's really awesome to have out of
> the box! All you have to do is create the appropriate django groups.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions about this change.

Yeah, this is awesome. This means we could create groups for the
admins and moderators. Would you like me to go ahead and create these
for testing purposes, Janos?

Thanks for your excellent work here!

   Jono

--