Re: Bug found in import_accomplishment script

2012/5/30 Janos Gyerik <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Are you sure comma will be future-proof-enough though? Just a thought,
> I dunno...

It is sure it will be more proof than a space - for in cases where a
value is a human-readable text (category, for example) spaces may be
used to separate words. A comma ensures that the .accomplishment file
will be always easily readable. (Accomplishment IDs use '/' character
as a special char, and ':' has special meaning for subcategories).
Even if in the future a comma would fail to work everywhere, because
of some values being allowed to contain a comma in it's value (can't
think of any particular example at the moment), such fields would then
contain full sentences, as commas would never be required for use in
another context (or, to be more specific, in any other context they
can be substituted by any some other character). So problems would
only potentially emerge when working on full sentences - which is
unlikely, and even then we might wrap whole sentences in, for example,
[ ] brackets. This leads me to conclusion that commas are a fairly
good choice.
I hope that the above makes sense, and that I helped you to understand
the decision ;-)