Re: Mobile App and Web Gallery

Hey,

I could put together an app for the iPhone. I've never developed one to
completion yet but have been messing around with a number of pet projects
over the past 6 months so am quite confident in my ability to get it done.
One cool thing in particular that could come from this would be a an
Objective-C library for accessing the accomplishments, and since they're
only stored in Ubuntu One anyway, that could pave the way for a general
purpose Ubuntu One Objective-C library.

An added bonus of building the iPhone app is that we can also get a native
iPad app almost for free. In XCode, you don't create projects specifically
for the iPhone or iPad, rather you just create an iOS project and that
comes with Storyboards<http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B2Kae5CPUa8/ThS05ZC1g-I/AAAAAAAAAFk/O3v0vu2vRlc/s1600/Screen+shot+2011-07-06+at+3.17.04+PM.png>
(a
drag 'n' drop UI builder, similar to Glade) for both the iPhone and iPad.
If you design it properly, you can recycle all your code between the two
apps and just rebuild the interface, which will take no time at all.

I would have to wait until after the App Showdown is finished since all my
free time is currently being devoted to that.

Chris