Creating participation through direction

3. If you wish to establish an official identity, communicate clearly that the consensus of the stakeholders in the group is to use the current identity. As far as I knew, the logo was drafted mere days ago. While replacing it in the wiki without discussion is rather rude, I'd expect reworks as a rule. This is free software after all.

You could also mention a brief statement about how someone interested in improving the brand, or anything else could submit their work for consideration by the project. With no clear guidelines, participants will take it upon themselves to work in a fashion that they think is best.

4. In a purely volunteer organisation, the amount of work any one person does is, well, totally voluntary. Complaining about your choices is not going to bring greater participation.

5. I'm not really interested in writing FOSS documentation. If I were, there are a great many teams out there that write documentation for FOSS projects. If you want to write documentation for FOSS software you should find groups already doing this and participate:http://ubuntu-manual.org/

6. Restructuring is good. Direction is good. But, please don't explain your desired process via email as part of a large email with a great many points in it. Create the process. Discuss it with the active stakeholders, then provide a link to it in the email thread and invite discussion.

If you want someone to attend a meeting here's the things you must do:

   * Be grateful for the time volunteers give you to attend these
     meetings and read your emails.
   * Announce a meeting time that works for both Western Europe and the
     U.S. at least 1 week in advance.
   * Include a link where those in other time zones (or with other
     obligations) can follow up and read the logs.
   * Provide a small set of clear goals for the meeting and tell us
     exactly why we should come, and what we intend to accomplish in
     the meeting.

~Greg