Re: Problems with Ubuntu.

On 19/12/10 18:01, danteashton@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Now, there are multiple problems with Ubuntu we'll need to find a way
around. As I've just had to do an essay on the level of knowledge required
for Ubuntu vs. Windows vs. OS-X, I think I've got a good idea of some of the
major problems.
[snips]
1. Multimedia playback:
2. DVD support:
3. Anti-Linux
4. 'Not-supported'

Correct and important for strategy and actions to change the longer term options.

But for an advert going out this week, *now*, we will be advertising to:
People who cannot buy a pre installed machine of their choice. They will need to install it themselves!

Partitions, uncertainty backup, (what?) installer, fear,  whatever.
Mostly no chance. If they and we are lucky they will ask a geek friend or an ex Windows lover.

May I plea for action soonest too, in addition to longer term actions?
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user