It is just that 'simplicity' is a fertile ground for Ubuntu advertising. And we do not have such an advert anywhere afaik.

Just as MS are making the word 'PC' their own, so they are beginning to make the idea of Simplicity also their own. There is no time to loose, is there?
alan c

On 19/12/10 21:56, Mark Curtis wrote:
Why not? Windows 7 may be bring simplicity as well, so they'd have every right to use that word.Over here in the US there's a "to the cloud" campaign, showing how easy it is to do various features of Windows 7.
Of course, any TV ad for Windows is inherently better than a TV ad for Ubuntu, simply because IT EXISTS.

 Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:51:44 +0000
 From: aeclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 To: ubuntu-advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Subject: [Ubuntu-advertising] Windows advert seen on UK TV

 I have twice seen a Windows advert very recently on UK TV which has
 likely taken some of our potential ground away, unfortunately.

 It is a very short ad, a few seconds, and fills the screen with a
 Windows logo and the text states

 'Brings simplicity to PCs'

 So, compared to the self inflicted wound of VIsta, Win 7 brings
 simplicity. Who would argue?
 To 'PCs'.
 Again, Microsoft are encouraging identity with this word 'PC'

 'Simplicity' is something which Ubuntu brings. Can we reqlly just let
 Microsoft take this claim?
 --
 alan cocks
 Ubuntu user