Re: The future of computing...

2011/1/5 danteashton@xxxxxxxxx <danteashton@xxxxxxxxx>

> Are you suggesting that we somehow replicate billions of dollars of effort
> and R&D?
>
> Screw Unity; imagine a system which talked to you and did...well,
> everything you wanted it to do, without having to raise a finger to a
> keyboard and mouse; because you taught it who you were; what your life was
> about, what you did. It could answer any question, solve any riddle and be
> at your beck and call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have the technology
> to make this, we have the ability to bring the next generation of interfaces
> onto Linux. 'I' can make us a world leader. It isn't hard, we have all
> the pieces; we just need to put them together.
>
> Apple are going to do the same, I think; and they are going to use that to
> advertise things to the users (at LEAST) imagine the privacy invaded,
> imagine such a glorious technology put to wreck and ruin because people got
> greedy and made the system untrustworthy. A technology that could improve
> the quality of lives around the world.
>
> I need programmers, I need time. I notice we have an abundance of
> programmers, I'd like to ask those interested to join me and spread the
> word. I'd like your help, Barry; in doing so; my time on this earth is
> limited, and I'll be damned if I'm going to leave without giving humanity
> SOMETHING.
>

> On 4 January 2011 22:39, Barry Drake <b.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 21:46 +0000, danteashton@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> >  the GNOME world has Zietergist (which is a laughable toy in
>> > comparison to CALO) We don't even have a damn grammar checker in our
>> > major office suite. I've been telling the F/OSS world for years that
>> > A.I. is important, and it's only going to get even more so.
>>
>> Danté we have  to do something about this.  We have to get a project up
>> and running that parallels SIRI and CALO.  Please request ....
>>
>> Regards,                        Barry Drake.
>>
>> --
>> What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
>> ...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!
>>

> --
>
> -Danté Ashton
>
> Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
>

> Sent from Ubuntu

Like I have been telling some of you  before, I work on SpeechControl.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SpeechControl/

We have the right people, altough we could use more programmers.
We aim for some early small successes, to catch an existing blueprint for
UDS-O.
Then we have the long-term goal to reach startrek like communications.

Especially AI and NLP knowledge is welcome.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Keimpe de Jong (UndiFineD)