Re: The future of computing...

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 23:12 +0000, danteashton@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I need programmers, I need time. I notice we have an abundance of
> programmers, I'd like to ask those interested to join me and spread
> the word. I'd like your help, Barry; in doing so; my time on this
> earth is limited, and I'll be damned if I'm going to leave without
> giving humanity SOMETHING.

Love to offer such help as I can give.  I'm old.  My programming skills
stopped when I failed to make the leap from C to C++ although my last
effort - GTK4WIN did cause a few small ripples in the world of Windows.
This must have been around fifteen years ago.  Ten years ago GTK4WIN was
taken up by an Indian lad wanting to do a project for his 6th form
finals.  I enjoyed helping him for that Summer.  But I'm not up to
programming anymore.  That's for the young.

Never ever got into the world of AI.  Sounds fun.  Next time I get
chance to use holodeck 4, I'll do some interactive work with the
computer .....

They tell me I have good organisational and teaching skills ....  maybe
I can help the project in that direction.  As they say in the world of
academe 'discuss'.

Regards,		Barry Drake.

--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!