ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: All Stars Session setup for UDS-N

On 07/09/2010 11:34 AM, Jeremy Foshee wrote:
> Hello Fellow All Stars,
>      I've had something rumbling around in my brain over the last few
> weeks, and I wanted to share it with you and get your thoughts in
> advance of the next UDS so that we can begin to plan the layout of the
> show.
>
> I've only experienced one All Stars Jam so far, but it seems like we get
> pretty good community involvement toward the end of the show, but in the
> beginning, it is mostly the folks who have practiced specific songs.
>
> I like this layout, but I think we need to define it a bit further. Do
> you think it would be a better layout to have one session of the songs
> we practice and prepare, take a small break and then return for the
> requests like we did last time with community participation?
>
> I'm interested in your thoughts. :)

Sure, I think that's a good approach.

In the past, we've asked for more participation from the community
during our practice sessions, but in reality, UDS is usually a pretty
intense week from a work perspective, and a lot of folks don't have the
bandwidth, nor desire to practice.

One thing I would request though is that folks that don't practice
during the week, don't automatically assume that they can play during
the earlier set.

/t