ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: All Stars Session setup for UDS-N

On 07/09/2010 12:04 PM, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:
> I'd just like to chime in with some quick feedback - I was a bit
> disappointed that myself and around three or four other people never got
> a chance to play. I brought my drumsticks all the way from New Zealand
> only to be yelled at for not scrolling the lyrics at one stage.
>
> Admittedly I never got around to attending a practice during the week at
> La Hulpe because I was really busy, but perhaps less hogging of the
> equipment and a more "ubuntu" type approach to the affair might work?

Absolutely.

That said, there's a trade-off between being prepared and playing songs
that the rest of the non-musicians will enjoy, and a free-for-all jam
approach ( which is the most inclusive ) which tends to be a lot of fun
for the musicians, but can lead to a rapid exit from the room of other
folks...

I think this is what Jeremy's proposing is that we clearly define two
sets ( perhaps with a DJ set between )...one for practiced songs, and
one more of a free-for-all.

/tony