Re: Click Package Index Status

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 02:49:37PM -0300, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No, Click-Framework is there principally to encapsulate the SDK
> > versioning.  If it doesn't cover that then we have a problem. :-)
> >
> > You may be thinking of Click-Version, which is intended to describe the
> > version of the Click package specification that the package was built
> > for.
>
> I was, thank you for clearing that up.
> Makes me wonder if we want to leak the implementation detail a bit
> less and call it ubuntu-sdk-version to be more explicit? Maybe?  :)

Up to you folks what's stored in the server-side package index, but do
consider the possibility that in future we might want to extend
Click-Framework to encompass things other than the Ubuntu SDK.  Not by
any means a 13.10 thing, but leaving space for it in the format now
could save us trouble down the line.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]