Re: Adding "applications" to manifest file

On 07/18/2013 07:51 AM, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> On 13-07-18 08:19 AM, Colin Watson wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 08:05:06AM -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
>>> On 13-07-17 12:55 PM, Colin Watson wrote:
>>> We also need a global security section somewhere, so we're going to need a
>>> security section in manifest.json anyway.
>>
>> Sure, as long as it's not part of a hook mechanism.  What will this
>> section contain?
>
> Nothing for now, as we have sane defaults. We had discussed having a global
> section, but if the need arises, I guess we can simply duplicate the info in
> each specific apparmor json file.

I'm not sure what this would look like. Before we could set the global option in
one place:

   "security": {
     "global_security_property": "something",
     "profiles": {
       "myapp": {
       },
       "myapp-camera": {
       }
     }

but now we cannot:
  {
    "hooks": {
      "myapp": {
        "apparmor": "apparmor/myapp.json",
        "desktop": "myapp.desktop"
      },
    }
  }

apparmor/myapp.json:

  {
    "global_security_property": "something",
    "policy_groups": [
      "networking"
    ],
    "policy_version": 1.0
  }

apparmor/myapp-camera.json:

  {
    "global_security_property": "something",
    "policy_groups": [
      "camera",
      "location"
    ],
    "policy_version": 1.0
  }

We could just live with this because adding "global_security_property" is simply
a matter of updating aa-clicktool and aa-easyprof, but since
"global_security_property" is defined in each individual json file, it should be
noted that we no longer have a truly global security setting because it has to
be duplicated everywhere.