Re: Adding "applications" to manifest file

On 13-07-17 12:55 PM, Colin Watson wrote:
> manifest.json:
>
>   {
>     "name": "com.ubuntu.developer.username.myapp",
>     "version": "0.1",
>     "hooks": {
>       "myapp": {
>         "apparmor": "apparmor/myapp.json",
>         "desktop": "myapp.desktop"
>       },
>       "myapp-camera": {
>         "apparmor": "apparmor/myapp-camera.json",
>         "desktop": "myapp-camera.desktop"
>       }
>     }
>   }

One thing that is still a bit unclear to me: do we have any way of knowing what
the binaries will be called for each app? Is "myapp" and "myapp-camera" the
actual names of the binaries that are going to be in the package? What about
html apps that will use the main "viewer" app?

In theory, this shouldn't pose a problem for our AppArmor confinement, as our
profile will simply apply to all the binaries in the directory, and the
appropriate profile will get switched to by the upstart job. But, what happens
if myapp spawns myapp-camera directly? Should we prevent an app from directly
spawning another binary in the same package, forcing it to use some system API
to do it instead?

Marc.