Fixing bugs in appstore/click

Hello everybody,

in conversations we've had on the phone and elsewhere I get the feeling
that we're slowly getting to the point where it's less about creating
new functionality and writing new features but fixing bugs and solving
integration issues.

Because our project is spread across so many teams and individual
Launchpad projects, it'd be great if we had one overview of the biggest
blockers somewhere.

I talked to Michael Nelson about this and see three options:

 1. Launchpad meta-project
    ----------------------
    We create a Launchpad meta-project and add bug tasks for
    all the bugs we want tracked.

    (Dis)advantages:
     + One place to look at.
     + We can use milestones easily.
     - Busy-work as we will have to create separate tasks
       for all bugs.

 2. Launchpad tag
    -------------
    We use one common tag for bugs we want tracked.

    (Dis)advantages:
     + Less busy-work.
     + One place to look at (eg: http://goo.gl/oWdLwp)
     - We can't use milestones easily, but could try
       to agree on bug importance as an indicator for
       when things are going to land.

 3. Scripted overview
    -----------------
    We compile a list of projects we want to track and
    create a script which pulls out the information for
    us and creates an overview.

    (Dis)advantages:
    + One place to look at.
    + No busy-work.
    - No milestones.
    - Work to write script.
    - Overview can be out-of-sync for a few mins.

Opinions?

Which LP projects do we want tracked?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+

Follow ups