Re: Removing apps from device if malicious

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Judging by https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppStore/Goals plates are generally
> looking quite full. Still some open questions remain and it might be
> good to find some agreement on them
>
> For now:
>  - upload empty package with higher version
>  - should/can this be scripted somehow, so it'll be easier
>    for somebody in the review team to take care of this?
>  - where do members of the review team find out the list
>    of malicious apps?

Malicious apps initially will come from support requests, and post or
near 13.10, we'll have an API for users to report malicious apps from
the dash. I think someone should get emailed initially when these
reports come in, rather than just a passive list.

> Later:
>  - on whose plate is this going to land?

It's on mine to define the API on the server, and coordinate with the
client team to implement.

>  - will a possible script to generate empty click
>    packages "just" be used on the server side and
>    exposed through a button or the reviewer in the UI?

Yeah, I think that's the right thing to do. I've added adding this
option to my plate.

--
Martin