Re: Translations and apps in a click

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM, Sergio Schvezov <
sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Martin Albisetti <
> martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Sergio Schvezov
>> <sergio.schvezov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Was just talking to Ted over IRC and thought it would be good to send an
>> > email.
>> >
>> > The question is, how do we find mo files layed out within click pkgdir?
>> >
>> > Is there an env var that we can use as a default location and set that
>> up in
>> > upstart-app-launch?
>> >
>> > Do we add an entry to the click manifest to customize this location?
>>
>> I don't know the details around this on the client, or whether it's
>> been defined. Maybe David knows?
>>

> He did apparently as he logged a bug for the translations on the ui
> toolkit a couple days back, this should be a non issue.

Hi Sergio,

Indeed, it's this bug, but as you say, this should be a non-issue:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1233071

In summary, setting i18n.bindtextdomain should allow changing the default
location to load translations from. That bug is for getting the SDK to
automatically do that for you. In the meantime, and until that is fixed,
i18n.bindtextdomain will need to be set up manually in the QML code for all
clickified apps.

Cheers,
David.