Re: Recommended results with empty searches

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM, Michael Hall <mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is this data going to be provided by us in software-center-agent, or are
> we going to let app developer add a separated list of apps names that
> theirs is related to (or an alternative to)?
>
> I can see, for example, a Telegram app listing "WhatsApp" in this field,
> so when somebody searches for WhatsApp they'll be given Telegram as an
> alternative.  This could be good or bad, really, depending on the data
> and the user.

I think we want these suggestions to be meaningful and useful. As
such, I'd avoid allowing developers to influence these results
directly and start off by something we manually set as curators of the
store, and over time make it smarter and more automatic.

--
Martin