Balancing/expiring ratings and reviews?

Hello everybody,

Robert brought up a really good point in a discussion recently: how do we balance ratings and reviews?

Let's suppose your app had a bug in the first version which was fixed quickly. For some time it might look to users like it was a problematic app.

A few topics for discussion as far as I can see:

 - Do we store information on which version of the app a
   review/rating was done? Could we do something with that?
 - Do we plan to expire ratings and reviews which were
   done ages ago?
 - Do we know of any other mechanisms which are used
   elsewhere?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel