Re: Thanks guys!

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Daniel Holbach
<daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My mistake, I'll send a generalised mail to the mailing list in a bit. :-)

Just a head's up for some relevant info on that discussion:

First, there's mpt's previous spec for how reviews should be presented
(in software-center, but I don't think what we want will have changed
too much) [1]. It says ideally we'd display:

1. any review that you (yourself) have submitted previously
(regardless of version);

2. any reviews for the latest version that is available for your
Ubuntu release (sorted by helpfulness or recency, depending on the
current sort);

3. any reviews of the next most recent version available for your
Ubuntu release, and so on.

That said, the work to do that on the server was never done for
software center, so now might be a good time to do so :-)
Currently the server has reviews being returned simply sorted by
helpfulness. I've created a bug so it gets prioritised as soon as the
functionality is discussed and confirmed [2].

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareCenter/RatingsAndReviews#Presenting_reviews
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/rnr-server/+bug/1323653