Re: Bug Control Application

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 05:43:58PM +0200, Kjell Braden wrote:
> <disclaimer>
> I've no real opinion about Dereck.
> </disclaimer>
>
> On Do, 2008-07-10 at 03:11 -0400, Dereck wrote:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/246812
> > Low - Wishlist
> I can't find any triaging from Dereck here. This bug would probably be a
> good example for searching upstream bug trackers.
>
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/230571
> > medium - Triaged
> Not sure about this one, the information in the description page would
> be nice (and config files / log files as single attachments).
>
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/234405
> > Low - Triaged
> Looks okay to me.
>
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/230571
> > Medium - Triaged
> See second bug...
>
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/124782
> Dereck submitted this bug and provided a patch. This is good, but not
> really bugcontrol work, is it?
>
> Looking at some other bugs he triaged, he still makes a good impression.
> I'd second James' proposal of asking for another five bugs.

Pedro has had some experience working with Dereck and tells me that he
does do good work.  Additionally, he organized and ran the Hug Day on
July 3rd for Xorg.  After taking this additional information into
consideration I am going to approve his application to the team, however
I will let him know our comments regarding the specific bugs that he
submitted.  Thanks for taking the time to review his application!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com