Re: Prospective MOTU membership in Bug Control

> HggdH wrote:
> > I think that, given the status quo, giving bug-control access to
> > selected MOTUs can actually help -- even if they restrict themselves to
> > the infamous workflow bugs.
>
>     All MOTU are currently granted membership in bugcontrol, and often
> don't restrict themselves to only workflow bugs (it's tricky to fix a
> bug without it being triaged, and the vast majority of bugs remain
> untriaged despite our best efforts).

I expressed myself wrong -- The point was being made over a
_prospective_ MOTU, not a current one. Sorry.

> > To my understanding monitoring them is similar to the monitoring that is
> > (most certainly) already done on new bug-controllers: new people still
> > have to show their worth, so this in no way imply selective distrust.
>
>     Indeed.  What else someone does (development, activism, art, etc.)
> ought not have significant impact on their involvement with each team
> with which they work.  Of course, those who have shown themselves
> responsible in other context may require less care, but that ought be
> about the person, rather than about the other roles that person fills.

The most important reason for monitoring any person on a new task is to
correct & train, not to curtail. So, yes, I agree with you, and consider
myself corrected.

..hggdh..