Re: Application for Bug Control membership

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 02:52:56PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> I'd like to give Geir my strong +1 for membership in Bug Control.
> He has shown an impressive level of dedication and patience in dealing
> with the influx of -intel bugs that we see.
>
> Since we get so many bugs filed against X, a lot of the basic triage
> work is automated.  Geir has been instrumental at the more advanced
> level that really requires human intervention, patiently helping
> frustrated bug reporters through tricky situations to gather the
> necessary information, and in numerous cases helping guide the bug
> towards a solution.  He has also taken an active role in establishing a
> team-wide standardization of tags for X bugs to facilitate finding dupes
> (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Tagging).

Would it be useful to have these be incorporated in the lp_buttontags
greasemonkey script?

Additionally, I thought I saw a bug tagged 'apport-crash' and 'crash'
which seemed redundant to me.  Do you receive bugs that are crash
reports and get tagged as 'crash' but don't have the 'apport-crash' tag?
If so that makes some sense then.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com