Re: Application for Bug Control membership

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 02:27:32PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 02:52:56PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > I'd like to give Geir my strong +1 for membership in Bug Control.
> > He has shown an impressive level of dedication and patience in dealing
> > with the influx of -intel bugs that we see.
> >
> > Since we get so many bugs filed against X, a lot of the basic triage
> > work is automated.  Geir has been instrumental at the more advanced
> > level that really requires human intervention, patiently helping
> > frustrated bug reporters through tricky situations to gather the
> > necessary information, and in numerous cases helping guide the bug
> > towards a solution.  He has also taken an active role in establishing a
> > team-wide standardization of tags for X bugs to facilitate finding dupes
> > (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Tagging).
>
> Would it be useful to have these be incorporated in the lp_buttontags
> greasemonkey script?

Sure, although personally I use launchpadlib scripts for setting tags
these days.  Probably it would make sense to port lp_buttontags to use
launchpadlib.

> Additionally, I thought I saw a bug tagged 'apport-crash' and 'crash'
> which seemed redundant to me.  Do you receive bugs that are crash
> reports and get tagged as 'crash' but don't have the 'apport-crash' tag?
> If so that makes some sense then.

Yes that is correct.  Probably about one-quarter of our crash bug
reports are reported without using apport.

Bryce