Re: Application to join Bug Control from Quinlan Pfiffer

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 02:40 -0700, Quinlan Pfiffer wrote:
> Hello, my name is Quinlan, and I'd like to apply to join Ubuntu Bug
> Control. Heres my application:
>
> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> I promise to be as helpful and polite as possible to the people in need
> of my assistance.
>
> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance?
>
> I have read each of these documents carefully, and refer back to them if
> I feel uncertain about a task/bug/item/whatever.
>
> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
>
> I should look for any personal information passed via Apport before
> making the bug public (passwords, name, bank info, boat's name, etc.)
>
> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> At this time I am content with simply going through bugs and making life
> easier for the developers. If I can get some of the flack out of the
> way, I'm happy to be involved.
>
> 5 bugs that I have triaged:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tangerine/+bug/381494
> (I would give this bug low importance)

There is no reason or explanation as to why this should be a bug - this
should be explained in more detail.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nouveau-kernel-source/+bug/381474
> (I would keep this bug as undecided, until more info is given)

Good with debugging, but should be set to Incomplete as we are waiting
for a response from the reporter. Importance fine.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash/+bug/301917
> (Since this bug is resolved, I would just keep it as undecided.)

Don't believe this is a bug, maybe it should have been changed to a
Question? Importance fine.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fontforge/+bug/301453
> (This bug would be of medium importance, seeing as it crashes the a
> non-core application)

Although reproduced, no explanation of which versions it was tested in,
was this fixed in a later release? Low importance not medium - not a
core application and can be worked around easily.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/257773
> (Obviously I would mark this one as wishlist)

This Wishlist was already reported upstream in GNOME bugzilla as stated
in the GNOME tracker report, this should be linked to the original - is
this a duplicate on LP? Importance fine - wishlist.