Re: andreserl wants to join

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 09:21:42PM -0500, C de-Avillez wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 12:29 -0500, Andres E. Rodriguez Lazo wrote:
>
> (...)
>
> > 5) List:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/keepalived/+bug/160426
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/heartbeat/+bug/332043
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/heartbeat/+bug/369124
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/drbd8/+bug/371829
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openvpn/+bug/372358
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/irssi/+bug/372411
> >

> Thank you. There are three points I think I should make:
>
> 1. the only two differences between the ubuntu-bugsquad and
> ubuntu-bugcontrol groups are the ability to:
> * mark bugs as triaged, and
> * set their importance.
>
> Unfortunately, you did not state how you would set the importance for
> any of the bugs above.
>
> 2. It is uncommon to assign bugs to persons/groups while they are not
> yet confirmed(and even when they are!) -- this is taken to mean that
> someone is actively working on the bugs, and it is widely regarded as a
> "I do not need to go there". Perhaps it would be better to leave them
> unassigned, and just add the group as an automatic subscription to the
> packages that deal with HA.
>
> 3. Good work on the first two bugs; unfortunately, bugs 371829, 372358,
> and 372411 are not bugs, but workflow issues. As such, they do not
> provide any data on how experienced you are with bug triaging.
>
> Given points (1) and (3) above, I am afraid I cannot give you a positive
> vote right now. I do hope, nevertheless, that you will resubmit/respond
> with five bugs you have worked on, and their proposed importance.
>
> (...)
>
> > Thanks for considering me. Should you have any doubts, please contact
> > me.
>
> Thank you for helping, and I do hope you will provide the missing data.
>
> -1 (hopefully, just for now ;-).

Thanks for helping out to make Ubuntu even better!  At this point in
time I agree with hggdh and I would like to some more bugs that you've
triaged and an indication as to what importance you would assign any bug
reports that you have triaged.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com