Re: Application to join Bug Control from Quinlan Pfiffer

Quinlan Pfiffer wrote:

> 5 bugs that I have triaged:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tangerine/+bug/381494
> (I would give this bug low importance)

ACK on the importance. These kind of bugs should be forwarded to debian
so that the maintainers there can change it. It makes no sense to differ
  from the debian package just because the homepage changed.

I have reported it to the debian-bts.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nouveau-kernel-source/+bug/381474
> (I would keep this bug as undecided, until more info is given)

Agreed, but the status would be incomplete, since you requested
information on a possible fix.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash/+bug/301917
> (Since this bug is resolved, I would just keep it as undecided.)

Why is this invalid? It seems there is a package missing which results
in a completely unhelpful error message. And I still would like your
opinion on the importance of this issue.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fontforge/+bug/301453
> (This bug would be of medium importance, seeing as it crashes the a
> non-core application)

ACK on the importance. But it's not triaged: There should be a
stacktrace which helps the developers to find the source of the bug and
(most important) the bug should actually be forwarded to the developers.
 Perhaps they aren't even aware of such an issue.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/257773
> (Obviously I would mark this one as wishlist)

This one is ok, you forwarded the report, which is a valuable thing to do.

All in all I'm afraid I have to say that you still seem to need more
experience with triaging but I'm sure, if you give it a shot in 2-3
weeks, you will be accepted. Keep up the good work!

Regards, Andreas

--
Andreas Moog
Berliner Str. 29

PGP-Encrypted mail preferred, please use Key-ID 0xF67089C4
Fingerprint: 7C60 6E85 F8A1 E26C 96B4 CC8D D3A1 6090 F670 89C4