Application for bug-control

1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
Yes, and yes.

2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
Yes, I've read all of those.  I don't have any unanswered questions at
this time, but I certainly know that I can ask on the mailing lists, or
on irc when I have more questions.

3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
information.
Passwords, bank accounts (or anything looking like that), and CSS keys
are specifically mentioned, but those are only a few examples.  If it
does not contain any private data, and the stack trace looks ok, then
the CoreDump.gz should also be removed before marking it public.  Also,
I've heard some debate over whether usernames and hostnames should be
considered private data.  I'd love to hear if there is a consensus on
that, but in the meantime, best to err on the side of caution.

4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
interested in helping out with?
Yes, since I also work on mobile projects, I have an interest in
triaging bugs related to mobile (UNR, ARM, netbook-launcher,
desktop-switcher, maximus, etc).  However, for historical reasons, I
also have a great deal of interest in the kernel.  So if I have spare
time, I'd like to help out there as well.  I'm not opposed to triaging
in any area though.

5. Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have
an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming
a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/netbook-remix/+bug/381336
I would mark this one a high, because it has a severe impact on what
will probably be a small number of users.  Triaging is still in
progress, perhaps after getting a stack trace we will be able to
determine if it is a dup of another bug out there, but still needs more
information.

It has been a long time in invalid state with no response.  I sent a
friendly reminder requesting the information provided, check again in 2
weeks to see if there is no response still, and if not, mark it invalid.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/372461
I had to just move this one to Ubuntu, because it really doesn't affect
a package (and bugs are not supposed to go in UNR).  I also confirmed
it, linked it to the blueprint that was recently discussed, and asked
that it be changed to wishlist

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/f-spot/+bug/290654
I confirmed the bug, marked it confirmed, and opened the upstream task
and linked to the bug.
but seems good to me, since it crashes the application with steps that
are not that unusual)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/368809
configuration, and is not something that seems to be a severe impact

Thanks,
Paul Larson

Follow ups