Re: Bug-control application for Krzysztof Klimonda (kklimonda)

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 02:08:32PM -0500, C de-Avillez wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 20:28 +0200, Krzysztof Klimonda wrote:
> > Sorry,
> >   Apparently I've forgotten to rationalize an Importance of bugs I've
> > send here. So without further delay:
> > [snip]
> > > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/394080
> > Comment: A request from developer. As stated by a reporter there is no
> > way to remove torrents from any Transmission interface. One have to dive
> > into ~/.config/transmission/torrents and remove files with cryptic
> > names.
>
> This was a nice work, but I am unsure what *you* did here.

This is a nice looking bug report but I am also uncertain what actions
you took on that particular bug.

> > > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/338671
> > Comment: It would be nice to have this feature but it's not a bug nor a
> > regression.
>
> Agreed.

This seems fine however, it would have been a bit more helpful if you
were to have been more verbose and indicated the specific version of the
package you recreated the problem with.  Additionally, what is the
current progress on this?  Is the fix causing problems?  If so wouldn't
it be in karmic now?

> > > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/374385
> > discussed)
> > Comment: A bug has been forwarded upstream, marked by developer as Won't
> > Fix because it's an Ubuntu/notify-osd issue.
>
> Good. I expect you will raise this issue within Ubuntu.

This looks good, but I think the notify changes here should be discussed
with the DX team.

> > > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/371720
> > Comment: I'm not sure if upstream ticket should be added to a bug watch
> > because it's not *the same* issue (check a link) but it's the closest
> > thing I've found and it describes an issue so I've included link in my
> > comment. I've choosen Medium importance because it has a potential of
> > hitting a high number of Tix users. A testcase attached to upstream
> > report is a simple combo box.
>
> Again, good work. Just a question, out of curiosity: have you followed
> up on the upgrade/sync/merge from Tix 8.4.0 to 8.4.3?

This looks good, thanks for taking the time to do the further research
here.  I also think that it is probably not the same issue as the bug in
the upstream tracker, so having a link to it in a comment is appropriate
but the bug watch was not so I removed it.  It would be good to work on
getting the package updated for Karmic.

> > > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/374013
> > Comment: Now that I think about it the Importance of this bug should be
> > Medium. The inability to limit numbers of peers user is connected to may
> > cause a problem to people with some routers that can't handle too many
> > concurrent connections.
>
> Again, I am not sure what you did here. Although I do agree with the
> proposed importance, I am refraining from changing it because Charles is
> already active on it.

The importance of the Ubuntu task can be and sometimes is independent of
the importance of the bug to upstream, so I think setting the Ubuntu
task's importance to Medium is fine.  I'm not certain what role you
played in this bug report.

> Comment:
>
> * I believe you interacted with the developers on some issues
> (specifically, the first and last bug in your list); but there is no
> comment on the bugs themselves showing any such events. It is always
> good to record them, at the minimum in order to provide a history of
> what happened.
>
> I will draw from my personal experience with Krzysztof more than from
> the bugs he provided.
>
> * he is very active in #ubuntu-bugs, and other channels, and always
> available to help.
> * if unsure of an action, he does not hesitate in asking. I personally
> find this very good.
> * even if the bugs selected do not really show the breadth of his work,
> my interaction with him *does* show it.

> As such: +1.

Based on Carl's positive review of your application and what I've seen
of your work I am happy to approve your membership in the Ubuntu Bug
Control team.  Welcome!

Sincerely,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com