Membership application

Hello Ubuntu Bugcontrol,

I think I could help Ubuntu more, if I was able to set the Importance of
bugs, and status to triaged for bugs. So here's my membership application:

> Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
> you or Ubuntu?

Yes. For an example, see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/410913

> Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

Yes.

> Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance?

Yes.

> Do you have any questions about that documentation?

Yes, if I'm the bug reporter and I provide the information asked of me,
should I change the status back to "new" or let it stay at "incomplete"?

> What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public?

Basically: check for passwords, names and other personal data in stack
traces and core dumps. Core dumps, if present, are usually removed for
safety.

> Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?

Sound/audio related packages - e g alsa, pulseaudio, audacity. I also
take care of the fluidsynth and qarecord bugs as I'm involved upstream
in developing those programs.

> Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged.

Out of 125 touched bugs so far it is difficult to remember the best
ones, but here are some examples:

Triaging:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-media/+bug/429852
(Suggested importance: wishlist)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audacity/+bug/108213
(Suggested importance: low)

These turned out to be invalid so they don't need importance to be set:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/437068
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fluidsynth/+bug/347307
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audacity/+bug/393248
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freepats/+bug/320682