Re: Mentor Request

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 22:06 +0000, etali wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I live in the UK.  I work from home, so I'm pretty much able to be
> around any time between 9AM - Midnight UK time.  I've started lurking in
> IRC and I'll be asking questions next time I'm working on bugs.
>
> At the moment I've just been browsing the bug reports fairly aimlessly,
> looking for ones in packages I use myself - e.g. LAMP, Firefox, Compiz,
> Eclipse - anything where it will be easy for me to try to replicate the
> bug myself.  Are there packages that are in need of people to look at them?

Thank you. Somehow I missed asking you for your:

 * Launchpad Id
 * IRC nick (irc.ubuntu.com, at channel #ubuntu-bugs)

> There's a lot of documentation to read through.  I think I'm comfortable
> with 'Incomplete' and 'Invalid', but what if I can reproduce a bug, the
> submitter is using the latest version of the software, and they've
> provided crash logs, etc.  I assume you set the status to Confirmed, but
> I'm not comfortable with priorities / assigning to people yet?

Yes: if you are able to confirm somebody's else bug, you should mark it
Confirmed. Please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status for details.

Also, please *always* write a comment on why you changed the Status.

Cheers,