Re: BugControl Application

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 07:42:38AM -0600, C de-Avillez wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:04:35 -0600
> Draycen DeCator <ddecator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > hggdh,
> >
> > Thanks for the response. Sorry about the URLs, I just noticed that on
> > the wiki. I'm not sure how much information you want in regards to my
> > process in deciding importance, so I've included just about
> > everything you could need. Below is an explanation of how I decide
> > the importance of bugs. (As a side note, I followed the wiki when I
> > sent my application, so maybe add a step in there asking us to show
> > examples of our procedures for deciding bug importance?)
>
> <snip/>
>
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/window-picker-applet/+bug/485352
> > (Low) This report is requesting a trivial feature be added to the
> > Windows List Applet, and the desired function is clearly stated.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/523236
> > (Low) The bug is simply a cosmetic issue, which does not affect
> > functionality in any way. Also, while the translation is not correct,
> > users are still able to tell what it is supposed to mean.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/517777
> > (Low) Once again, this bug is a cosmetic issue that does not affect
> > functionality. In the event that the background does happen to be
> > black and render the text unreadable, the user can simply close
> > nautilus and reopen the folder in order to resolve the issue. There
> > is also a simple workaround.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/515725
> > (Low) Another cosmetic bug that only minimally affects functionality.
> > The user is also able to easily reset the zoom so the display is
> > correct again.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/516154
> > (Medium) I originally viewed this bug as Low due to the easy
> > workaround of simply not using the "Ask me every time" feature.
> > However, after some discussing in #ubuntu-bugs, it was suggested to
> > me that this could potentially be seen as a security issue since it
> > involves cookies. As a result, we determined that Medium was a better
> > fit for this report.
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brasero/+bug/514782
> > (Medium) This bug affects the functionality of a core application, so
> > a moderate amount of people are likely to be affected.
> >
> > Hopefully this is a sufficient explanation of how I decide Importance.
>
> Agree on all. The reasoning also helped.
>
> <snip/>
>
> > > So -- please -- give us your view of how *you* would set the
> > > importance. After reviewing them -- and I would expect you get them
> > > very much correct --, I will be extremely happy in giving you a +1.
> > >
> > > Right now, thou...
> > >
> > > +0. # should be 1...
>
> Redaction:
>
> +1.

Reviewing the bugs you submitted as a part of your application I was
really impressed by the bug descriptions and how they have been improved
dramatically.  Based on my and Carlos's review of your work I am happy
to approve your membership in the team.  Welcome!

Sincerely,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com