Re: Finding your best work - was Application for the Ubuntu Bug Control team

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:22:20PM -0400, Daniel Manrique wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Following https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl instructions, I would like
> > to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team.
>
> Hello, thanks for applying!
>
> > I promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to me or
> > Ubuntu. I signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct and read Bugs/HowToTriage,
> > Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance.
> >
> > I should check for sensitive data before making it public: * if the crash
> > still has a CoreDump.gz attachment. * if there is no Stacktrace.txt
> > (retraced) attachment. * if any of stacktrace attachments (original
> > stacktraces, Stacktrace.txt (retraced) and ThreadStacktrace.txt (retraced))
> > have anything that looks like sensitive data passed as function arguments.
> > Examples are passwords, things that look like bank account numbers, CSS keys,
> > user names, server names, etc...
> >
> > I'm interested in helping on the bug reports related to Linaro/Ubuntu and
> > ARM related packages.
> >
> > Here's a list of bugs which I have triaged (it isn't representative of my
> > best work but representative of my latest work):
>
> I'm just curious, what would you consider your best work? can you point to a bug
> you're really proud of having triaged?

I think part of the issue here may be that there isn't a way to search
for your best work while it is easy to find your latest work.  I'm
curious to know how other people went about finding their best work for
their application and if there is some way we can make this easier for
new applicants to the team.

--
Brian Murray