Re: Application to join ubuntu-bugcontrol

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:45:43 Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> As I mentioned, my main focus is i18n related bugs. It would be
> interesting to really know the size of the group of users who want to
> set a preferred language. Maybe it's larger than you think. ;-)  Also,
> personally I believe that its relative size is increasing, since Ubuntu
> probably expands more in countries where English is not the native language.

First of all, I did not mean to imply national language usage is not big; I
would expect it to be larger, in toto,  than English usage.

(I am biased in that  I use English by default; I do have installed the lang
packs for two other languages, but only use them to check on bugs. This is,
perhaps, due to the fact that when I started in computers we only had English
for a language.)

And I agree that we should consider i18n important -- and this is why I stated
I would mark the bug Medium, not Low.

And, BTW, right now I am just waiting for a possible other vote on your
application; by EOD today I will accept you as a member on BugControl :-)

Cheers,

..C..