Re: Kubuntu triage policy conflicts with Ubuntu triage policy

On 03/30/2014 10:17 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
I understand the argument, but the same could be made for Ubuntu.  I'm
not clear on exactly why this argument wins for one and not the other,
and more importantly, since there is only one bugcontrol group and one
project that covers both, if there is such a distinction, it needs to
be documented in the Ubuntu triaging guidelines.

Then document it.

I still don't see a distinction between Ubuntu and Kubuntu triaging
teams.  It's one team.  It is one distribution, just with different
desktop cd spins that have different package subsets preinstalled.

The triagers are mostly volunteers, so there is no distintion. The Kubuntu developers (at least one of whom works for BlueNote as opposed to Canonical) concentrate on KDE items, and they prefer to swim closer to upstream when it comes to bug tracking.

Remember, there are plenty of other resources for user support, so your primary focus with triaging is helping the devs! They're Santa, and we're the elves. Telling Kubuntu devs their workflow is "incorrect" and expecting them to fit a mold isn't going to work...