Re: request to join ubuntu-bugcontrol team

On 07/31/2014 06:44 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> In this context I think "assigned" should be understood as the person who is writing a fix right now. Something
> different looks like taking to excess of communication and lack of clarity.

That's what a Status of "In Progress" means.

Bug tracking has many uses outside of a community contributor looking to do a drive-by fix.  One of those uses is to
provide a queue of "what shall I work on next" to individual developers.  Another is to provide workload reports for
team and project managers.

Another thing: different projects use Launchpad in different ways.  That's a part of what makes it a richer experience
and Launchpad embraces that rather than forcing all users into a single narrow rigid and often inappropriate methodology.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>