Re: What importance should this bug have?

* Alberto Salvia Novella (es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Thomas Ward:
> >I think it needs an "Incomplete" on xorg - we haven't confirmed if it's
> >an xorg problem yet judging by the comments.
>
> Perhaps yes, but at that time I was setting importances only; so
> there is criteria on where to start triaging.
>

> Thomas Ward:
> > I think critical or high is fine, because it breaks suspending (if
> > I'm reading comments right).
>
> David Alan Gilbert:
> > I don't think it's critical; rebooting fixes it and it only
> > happens on sleep.
>
> Even it's something temporal it renders the system unusable, what
> usually falls into critical.
>
> The question is it only happens in the scope of a non-essential
> hardware component (power management feature), so I'm unsure about
> which criteria should prevail.

I don't normally regard a crash as Critical if it's recoverable
and it doesn't happen at boot; there are lots of things that have
X crashes on certain machines and you can't make them all critical
otherwise you'd never spot the really critical stuff like data corruption
or wiping disks or destroying hardware.

Now if this happened for loads of people with a standard setup then
I'd head towards critical, but not for something that affects a few machines.

Dave