Re: Please let Bug Control members be able to configure bug trackers

On 1 October 2015 at 17:52, Alberto Salvia Novella
<es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alan Pope:
>>
>> That's a project_you_  created?
>>
>> Why did you make it?
>

> Because if in a bug report you click on the "also affects project" button,
> that can automatically show where the upstream bug tracker is.
>
> You can test it here, for example:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1501782>

Yes, I've used that feature a lot. You've missed the point where I
said the upstream isn't on launchpad. It's here on github.

https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues

So when you link to an upstream bug with "also affects project" you
link to the _external_ bug tracker, not another tracker on launchpad
which nobody is looking at.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope