Re: Please let Bug Control members be able to configure bug trackers

Alan Pope:
Yes, I've used that feature a lot. You've missed the point where I
> said the upstream isn't on launchpad. It's here on github.

You can both configure the project to be upstream itself, or to point to a upstream bug tracker.

Note the difference:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1501782/+choose-affected-product>
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1501289/+choose-affected-product>

Thomas Ward:
> We on bugcontrol should never have to mess with Launchpad
> projects, nor would we necessarily have to create projects just to
> link remote bugtrackers

We should, as this saves us for looking for the bug tracker each time we have to upstream. This is specially important when you are working with all the 48000+ packages in Ubuntu.

Thomas Ward:
> If we did that for everything we'd have one project for every package.

Not really, as many packages belong to the same upstream project. And even if that was the case, it would still be more convenient than looking for the upstream bug tracker for every package you triage.