Re: Application from Vej for Ubuntu Bug Control membership

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:00:19 +0100
Alberto Salvia Novella <es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip/>

> Jonas Diekmann:
>  > (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/1657440)
>  > -- Asked on #ubuntu-bugs to triage this.
>
> This is a common practise, but I recommend not doing it. People shall
> communicate only when there's an abnormality, not when doing ordinary
> work. Otherwise you end getting a big wave of irrelevant messages.

Actually, by all means, *DO* ask for bugs to be set to triaged and/or
have priority set on #ubuntu-bugs. This is one of the reasons the
channel exists.

This is a common practice that *must* be kept.

> The moment a bug is confirmed it automatically appears in my
> work-flow as requiring importance to be set, so noticing me about
> that really does nothing:

Alberto, are you now present in IRC? I thought you were not. Anyway,
anyone on #ubuntu-bugs with BugControl access can help a triager when
needed.

<snip/>

Cheers,

..C..