ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Re: Why now?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Mike Rooney <mrooney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone ride a fixed gear bike? Recently as I have been biking
> more I wanted to ask someone questions on their practicality.

Fixed gear rules, although it depends what you're looking for and what your
ride is like. If you have to go down any major hills, fixed can be a major
pain. I worked as a messenger for a long while and continue to ride fixed.
If you live in the city, or have a relatively flat ride, fixed is the way to
go. The acceleration is unbeatable, as is the handling at low speeds. A lot
of roadies ride fixed in the off season for training. If you have any
questions feel free to shoot them out, I'm sure more people than me ride
fixed on this list. I'm assuming you're not looking to ride track if you're
wondering about practicality :)

--
--Alex Launi