ubuntu-defect-analysts team mailing list archive

Bug Reports

I've recently spent some time looking at and working with the bug
report creation tools in arsenal and also looking at the bug reports we
said we wanted at the defect analyst sprint and at UDS.

Brad's bug report creation code, which generates reports like
http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/rls-p-tracking-bugs.html,
has been added to arsenal recently and contains two parts.  One, cbd,
collects information about bug tasks matching search criteria and stores
it in a json file which is then used by the reporter to generate the bug
reports.  I really like the fact that the collector stores bug data in
the json file and that this information is now used to limit the amount
of data queried from Launchpad in the next run.  Its also quite easy to
change the reports to add or remove columns since all bug information is
stored in the json file.  So I think we should all settle on using
arsenal for bug report creation going forward.  Though there is some
work to be done expanding search criteria though.

In terms of the reports we want to have I think we should use Launchpad
whenever possible and if not use arsenal to create our own bug reports.
An analysis of the reports we wants follows.

1) team assigned bug tasks
   Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/~canonical-foundations/+assignedbugs?orderby=-id&start=0
   Problems: no date assigned in the report
   I think the Launchpad report for this is good enough.

2) bugs tagged iso-testing
   Launchpad: advanced search using bug_supervisor and tag iso-testing
   Problems: Not sortable by location, don't know which iso it was found
with, date tagged
   We have an arsenal report that shows this information at
http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/iso-testing-open-all.html
and I'm under the impression the QA team will be creating one for ones
specific to precise.

3) bugs that have transitioned away from Fix Released
   Problems: not possible using current Launchpad searches
   We have an existing report for this but moving to arsenal would be
nice.

4) bugs that have been recently set to High or Critical
   Problems: not possible using current Launchpad searches
   We have an existing report for this but moving to arsenal would be
nice.

5) bugs that have been recently set to Triaged
   Problems: not possible using current Launchpad searches
   I just made a report for this[1] so while moving to arsenal would be
nice we have something.

6) bugs that have been tagged regression-
   Problems: Doesn't show date tagged added or who the tagger is (does it matter?)
   I think we should just try and use the Launchpad search here and see
if we start feeling like things are missing

7) bugs that have been recently set to Confirmed
   Problems: not possible using current Launchpad searches
   I just made a report for this[2] too so while we should move to arsenal
its not a priority.

8) bugs that are Incomplete w/ response
   Problems: It can time out
   I think we should just try and use the Launchpad search here and see
if we start feeling like things are missing in the report.

9) New bugs sorted by heat
   Problems: It can time out
   Again I think we should just try and use the Launchpad search here
and see if we start feeling like things are missing.

[1]
http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/foundations-bugs/foundations-bugs-recent-triaged-bug-tasks.html
[2]
http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/foundations-bugs/foundations-bugs-recent-confirmed-bug-tasks.html

There are ones for the ubuntu-desktop and ubuntu-server teams too.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master