ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Project Schedule

Hi folks,
I've outlined a basic schedule for getting to 1.0. For authors, January 15 is a hard deadline for the first draft of your topic. If you can't commit to that date, then we need to find someone else to cover that topic asap. If you can get your first draft into me or the uploaded to the Bzr branch before then, even better.

Monday 12/13/2010 - IRC meeeting #quickly, 17:00 UTC - general help discussion Monday 3 January 2011 - Style Guide Updated, Bzr branch ready to accept submissions
*Friday 15 January 2011 - First draft of each chapter due from all authors*
Monday 17 - 29 Jan 2011 - Copy editing, schedule work time with each author to resolve any questions/issue Monday 31 - Second draft of each chapter due, image placeholders & captions for all screenshots - exception Putting it all together chapter can now be written Monday 31 Jan - 5 February - Copy editing and send to Latex formatting experts
Monday 7 -19 February - Proofreading/QA, feedback incorporated
Monday 21 Feb - Incorporate screenshots, any other graphics, cover design (24 Feb-Natty Feature Freeze)
Monday 28 Feb - Final QA, formatting fixes, Branch fixes
Friday 12 March - Version 1.0 released to public
14 - 31 March - Marketing & distribution push - blogs, other online free bookstores

I'll work on the Style Guide and send out some general writing guidelines over the next few days. I'm on holiday starting Dec. 20 and Canonical is closed for business from Christmas to New Year's (though I'll be around and check online a few times) but the goal is to have all the infrastructure in place and ready to start accepting your contributions by Jan 3. Then I start 'strongly encouraging' and working with individual authors to get their pieces completed. Let me know if anything seems amiss with projected deadlines.

thanks all!

Belinda

Education
Canonical