ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: Moving to docbook markup

Hello, Belinda.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Belinda Lopez
<belinda.lopez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We can also accomplish this by publishing standard guidelines:
> Create a VM with the default theme, 800*600 resolution, username:
> ubuntu-developer, desktop named: ubuntu-dev, etc.

I think the only thing that Quickshot does in addition to this is to
provide clear instructions for what to do to get the window/screen in
the proper state for the screenshot.  It then lets you compare the
screenshot you just took with a model screenshot to ensure
consistency.

The primary purpose of Quickshot was to crowd-source the screenshot
capturing work.  Using Quickshot anyone can take the screenshots we
require without requiring domain knowledge.

--Kevin