ubuntu-developer-manual team mailing list archive

Re: Toolchain

Sample of outputs (with some built in customizations) from default doctemplate (https://launchpad.net/doctemplate):

http://people.canonical.com/~knitzsche/doctemplate_1.9.13/

kyleN

On 02/28/2011 05:11 PM, Belinda Lopez wrote:
Hi Kevin et al,
thanks for checking in. KyleN has been doing some amazing work on the doctemplate tool and I've started uploading the converted branches into the project workspace. We've broken out each chapter into its own branch and that should make it easier going forward for any contributors to only have to pull the section they are working on. The new toolchain/workflow now looks like this:

    * Install the doctemplate project PPA: sudo apt-add-repository
      ppa:doctemplate-team/ppa
    * Update your apt-cache: sudo apt-get update
    * install doctemplate: sudo apt-get install doctemplate

This is all that is needed to run the build commands using doctemplate. All commands start with "doctemplate_" and a tab shows all the available commands.

If you or anyone wants to start playing with the new branches simply pull down the section you want to work on - I recommend: lp:~ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/credits <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/credits>

as a simple section to get familiar with docbook and doctemplate. I'll also write up more detailed instructions on the wiki for doctemplate.

Keep in mind that we are only using a very small subset of docbook tags in order to minimize conflicts so please don't add any new tags without first checking with KyleN.

I should have the remaining sections up soon but I invite you to go ahead and start reviewing the new branches that I've uploaded: lp:~ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/quickly <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/quickly> lp:~ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/glade <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/glade> lp:~ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/distribution <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/distribution> lp:~ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/bazaar <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/bazaar> lp:~ubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/launchpad <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-developer-manual/ubuntu-developer-manual/launchpad>

If you run into any problems just ping me in the quickly channel or if you think it's a doctemplate issue let KyleN know asap.

thanks!

Dinda