Re: [Question #39019]: can't connect to any wireless networks

marfal posted a new comment:
Just brought a 701 4G Black and have installed Ubuntu-eee on a 8GB SD card. It now all boots fine but NO wireless!
I've followed numerous postings to install madwifi drivers but nothing has worked. can't see networks.
Stock Xandros works fine. I prefer ubuntu as an OS but can't live without wifi. Is this problem limited to 701's?
It's very hard to sell the virtues of linux to friends and family when something so fundamental on a netbook doesn't work. they just look at it say how cool it is but want one with windows.
Here's hoping for a fix.