Re: [Question #48189]: WiFi not working at all under 8.04.1

surfed posted a new comment:
Just as a note, one can get the eee to work without a command prompt (i still dont know why people are afraid to use the keyboard), it can be done with software-sources manager and synaptic but its harder to explain how to open that window, click that button, reload that, close this....but but i have been doing it like this in ...insert other os.... so it must be the easiest way... gosh.... let me take you by the hand....
The real reason companies like Asus provide better support for MS products is Money. They can bundle Software like Star-Office and Anti-virus stuff with winblows and actually get paid royalties for that. Thats the same reason a Windows Dell is cheaper that the Linux counter part (or has better hardware for very little more cash plus a XP license) but Linux is not about Money. Its about freedom of choice, community and helping to improve what someone offered you for free. Nobody needs your Money, all we ask from users is an open mind but thats a bit much sometimes....