[Question #50548]: microphone on 900

I've a fresh install of Hardy 8.04, Kernel 2.6.24-21-eeepc on my 900 and everything is looking good except for the microphone. If I put the front mic levels up I can hear the mic through the speakers but sound recording and skype do not work.

Anyone else had a problem with the mic on a 900? Can anyone with working mic tell me what settings they have used?

I read that the 900 mic uses the ALC662 chipset but when I set this in my sound settings (under Preferences) the sound recorder complains that the settings are incorrect.